Monday 22 June 2009

Paris

I absolutely love Paris and LOVE France. Just everything about France makes me happy, except perhaps it's music. So I was always going to be overly excited this weekend, let alone the prospect for seeing our old friend Christophe in Beaunne and going to Ingrid and Tanneguy's wedding.
And it was such a fantastic and enjoyable weekend that I'll be spreading my highlights over the course of a few blog entries, divided into the geographical locations we travelled to.
First thing on Friday morning, we dropped Ruby off at Jane and Matthew's, who were looking after her for the weekend and then caught the Eurostar from St Pancras. Such a great, pleasurable and easy way to travel, and I can never get over how good travelling from St Pancras is. We drank Prosseco and ate sandwiches on the way and arrived in Paris nicely tipsy.
I always hear Alfred Pendelbury's words to Henry Holland in 'The Lavender Hill Mob' whenever I'm in Paris; "Gay, sprightly, land of mirth and social ease".
We had 2 hours until our next train, Gare De Lyon to Beaunne, as it was such a nice day and wanting to see as much as possible in a short time, we walked between the stations and caught the TGV to Beaunne late in the afternoon.
















1 comment:

visit sounds around said...

not the music ? maybe i can make some light suggestions for you ?