Sunday 28 June 2009

Glastonbury

Glastonbury, the greatest annual celebration of music on the planet. Every year since I last went, I say to myself I'm glad I'm not going, then watch the coverage on telly and wish so much I was there. This year has an awesome line up and fantastic that' there's so many great, outstanding, new British artists like Little Boots, La Roux, Ladyhawke, Friendly Fires and Florence and the Machine.
I can't wait to see Blur tonight and the performance I've enjoyed most so far was this astonishing turn by The Ting Tings, they're from Salford! Check it out and just wait until that all girl horn section starts to blow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/tingtings/index.shtml#emp

We spread a rug out on the floor of our lounge and spent Sunday afternoon, just the three of us, watching the coverage on the red button, Florence and the Machine's set was glorious and we all sang along to her dazzling cover of 'You've Got The Love'.

I also loved Friendly Fire's (my current favourite album) funked up set (more horns too!) and thanks to the BBC I can embed one song here for you.

No comments: