Tuesday 20 May 2008

Saturday 17th May: Nottingham

Up at 6.00 to catch the 7.15 from St Pancras to Nottingham to tell Mum and Dad the news.
This billboard at Willesden Junction made me laugh. Why would I ever want to buy a product endorsed by Ross Kemp and why swould I want to buy this just because he finds it easy?
Ibs waiting for the train at WJ.
We always feel so glad that Mum and Dad they live where they do, as getting the train from to St. Pancras is such a great pleasure. Oodles of good places to eat and drink and is full of the excitement of international travel.
Mum and Dad were delighted with our news. Mum, as she always does, had a pork pie waiting for me and lunch of local sausages and black pudding was just perfect.



After lunch, we visited Auntie Margaret.


Then stopped by this fantastic store on Derby road, Danish Home Store, full of 1960's and 70's vintage danish furniture.

Back home, Ibs, Mum and I took a walk round Lady Bay. I was eager to see some of my favourite buildings, from where I grew up.
I love these couple of unusual houses in Julian Road, with grand, almost, Italianate plaster work.



Our local Chippy, a big part of my life for many years.

The Junior school that my sisters and I attended




The old, long closed, Co-Op supermarket.

I really liked this lovely little garden which filled me with garden envy.



Mum made a delicious, very seasonal dinner: Asparagus soup and asparagus with knob of butter to start, beef and New Jersey Royal potatoes for mains and strawberries ice cream and clottered cream for desert.



Mum and Dad have been visited by these Mallards every day for the last few weeks now, we were so pleased that true to form, they turned up for breakfast.



No comments: