Friday 23 May 2008

Carmen Gia

I love this Carmen Gia, probably my 2nd favourite car, in the whole world (2nd of course, to the best car ever made, the Citroen DS). This one's in great nick and in a cool, contemporary grey. Probably a lttle too Farrow and Ball, I prefer theses in bright orange or red.


I've been cycling past these lovely cottages along the Harrow Road for ages and always admire their front gardens. The roses are in full bloom now.
And I love this wonderful flowering, creeping, vine. The red flowers are intense. I must find out what it's called so I can get one running up the side of our house.

After much indecisiveness and torn between silver birch trees or something bold and geometric, I finally bit the bullet and ordered this wallpaper for our back room.
It's a big risk and could be a gigantic, nausea inducing, disaster or be a stroke of genius. It's called 'Link' by Tom Dixon for Cole and Son. Should be going up on Tuesday with help from our friend Sarah.
I couldn't skip tracks on my Ipod this morning, however the random selection of music was nostalgic and uplifting.
  1. Sound and Vision - David Bowie
  2. Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown (reminded me of Gordon Cardwell, who when I played this - on vynl- at Chasefiled Road, would sing along, changing the words to; 'I'm Back! .. I'm Black'.
  3. Firesuite - Doves (reminded me of seeing them with CK at The Forum)
  4. Sing - Carpenters (my sisters and I used to sing this, in rounds, on long car journeys, when we were children)
  5. Weird Fishes / Arpeggio - Radiohead (gorgeous track, must hear rest of the album)
  6. Push the Button - Money Mark (always does it for me - spare, humorous and funky)
  7. Girlfriend is Better - Talking Heads

No comments: