Friday 30 May 2008

Odeon

Thursday night and Ibs, Claire, Jerry and I went to see 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' at the Odeon Leicester Square. Easily the best cinema in Britain, it's the only place to see big blockbuster movies - huge screen, great sound and still has a curtain! The air-con could have done with being turned up but otherwise a tremendous movie experience.


I really liked the film. Took me back to seeing the first with my family, on holiday in Swanage. It's easily the 2nd best of the series and, for what it is, it's hugely enjoyable and entertaining.
I especially liked the way it took it's plot from the best bits of 'Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World' TV series and the way it packed in so many American 50's cliches.
It's always a pleasure watching Kate Blanchet in anything she's in, even though she's a very unconvincing villain.

On the way to Leicester Square I was really sad to see that the Swiss Centre is being pulled down. It was always such a feature of the square and a strangley unique building.






No comments: