Sunday 20 July 2008

Porkolt Tarhonya


At home on Sunday afternoon and Little One got a big dose of his musical heritage. Ibs played Miles Davis, who I have my Dad to thank for making important to me, whilst she cooked a wonderful Hungarian dish called 'porkolt' with 'tarhonya' and made an incredible courgette cake.



I continued painting the nursery and we both tuned into Radio 3 so Little One could hear Prom 4 part 2, folk music from the British Isles and Transylvania, the Eastern Carpathian Mountains and Moldova. That was followed by Bartok's Romanian Dances and a new 'Hungarian' inspired piece by Kathryn Tickell.

Radio 3 followed that with a beautiful choral evensong, from Eaton College Chapel, which was exactly what my sisters and I would have been singing, right at that time, on Sunday evenings, when we were children.




No comments: