Sunday 13 July 2008

Marylebone High St


I'd intended to go out on Saturday night with Jerry and a few others to Low Life's Pirate Party on the Thames but cried off with my gammy eye. Instead, I stayed home whilst my pregnant wife hit The Regent and The Paradise in Kensal Green, with her friends Claire and Joanna.

At least I felt fit and well on Sunday morning and had a bit of a lye in, reading our Miriam Stoppard 'Having a Baby' book and talking to Little One in Ibs's tummy.
After yesterday's breakfast left overs, we caught the tube to Marylebone High Street, looked round, with envy, at all the beautiful things in Skandium and changed to a smaller size the White Store bathrobe, Ibs bought me for our anniversary.

We then took a look round the farmers market and bought some bits and bobs including a rather nice chicken, which went from this


to this

served with my perfectly cooked roast potatoes and broccoli.

During the Sunday afternoon, I continued work on the nursery. The walls have now been skimmed and needed sanding down to prepare the surface for painting. As I worked, I listened to Stephen Fry's 4th itunes podgram, on my iPod, which was a retelling of his recent impassioned lecture about the future funding of the BBC.




After dinner we watched Wes Anderson's 'Darjeeling Limited'. I'd seen it at the pictures on release but was new to Ibs.

I have a great affection for Wes Anderson's movies, even though they are mannered, whimsical and superficial, they are always beautifully shot, with gorgeous soundtracks and always nicely cast with his repertory of actors. It also comes with a great short 'starter movie' too called 'Chevalier Hotel'.

No comments: