Wednesday 2 April 2008

Day 4: Ranos










Left work at 5.50 and made it to Stephen's for 6.50 (very early for me). Was desperate to tell Stephen our news but couldn't with Mark and Patrice (Stephen's husband's brother who also lives with them) there. Patrice had made steaks, pasta, salad and garlic bread. After we all caught up on each other's events since last week, we sat down to the final 2 episodes of series 2. We ate and drank through 3 bottles of wine whilst Tony's sister disposed of Richie, Tony caught a bad dose of food poisoning, went through a rather tiresome dream sequence and finally 'fingered' Pussy. I was sorry to see Pussy go and his demise (as Stephen noted) not as gut wrenchingly sad as it should have been.
Bus home. Sat with I, glad to have the house back to ourselves, and watched a programme about Josie Russell.
Awake too early again. Slightly fusty after all the red wine. Got up and fixed the puncture on my bicycle. Rode, fully pumped, into town to Cuban Consulate to pick up visa. So happy to on bike again and felt, as always, enormous priveldge to see the city from the perspective of my bike. The route took me down Marylebone Road, Gower St and into High Holborn in 30 minutes. Passed the old Abbey National building (site of 221b Baker St), amazed to see how they have retained the enormous deco edifice and built a too polite building around it (picture above). Also got a fantatsic view of the buildings behind Centre Point, which I love, thanks to a demolished building.
At work for 10, meetings till 13.00, soup and bread (my wife's home made) for lunch. Ate whilst reading this nice little blog about Curb, sent to me by Rupert who 1st introduced me to the genius of Larry David.

No comments: