Saturday 6 December 2008

Ruby's 2nd and 3rd Day: Ruby comes home!


It's near impossible to Blog at a time like this as I want to savour every single moment and experience with Ruby and Ibolya and not spend it at my laptop, writing about it. It's also incredibly painful, when the brief time you do get to compose an entry you loose it all by some fumbled use of the backspace key! And it was so well written too!

However, I also feel a tremendous burden to record as much as possible of the most important days and weeks of our lives. There's so much I want to remember that I can no longer trust to my inadequate memory, this makes my blog more important to me than ever.

So, I've created a post a day, since Ruby was born, which I'll publish straight away (to save loosing it all again) and then go in and out of them, sticking in pictures, making corrections and writing the odd line about notable and significant events and experiences, that have been happening to my new family; Ruby, Ibolya and Me.

On Thursday morning our first visitors arrived to test Ruby's hearing and eyesight. After Ruby's traumatic entry into the world we were worried about any lasting effects so the all clear was an enormous relief. As was an ultra sound scan of Ruby's head later that day. Although it couldn't yet confirm that Ruby's a genius (although a strongly suspect she is), it did show that despite excess fluid (and a very soft, sore and painful scalp) everything was absolutely as it should be in her little head.

We spent most of Thursday and Friday just looking at Ruby, staring into her eyes and just trying to take in the enormity of her arrival and just how surprisingly and incredibly beautiful she is.

Ruby's finger nails were really long when she was born and are amazingly similar to mine, as are her feet. She's got Read feet, the second toe is longer than the big toe.

By Friday morning, Ruby and Ibolya had 'passed' what was necessary to have them discharged from the hospital and Ruby could have her first bath.


Ibolya was very happy to see the back of hospital dinners.

No comments: