Friday 5 December 2008

Ruby Violet Read

I can't believe I'm writing this and I'm still finding it very difficult to take in but; Ibolya and I have a beautiful baby daughter called Ruby Violet Read. Our Little One is here and the most amazing and wonderful thing I have ever seen.

Ruby finally arrived at 09.32 on Tuesday 3rd December, after an epic labour and a super human struggle by Ibolya . I'll never know how she found the strength and bravery but my admiration for her is as big as I am proud of her.

After everything she'd been through, Ibolya took this picture of Stuart, the Gynaecologist, in-action, minutes after he'd used all of his strength to suck, pull and tug Ruby into the world.
And this was some of the incredible team that delivered Ruby. We couldn't be more grateful to them, they were absolutley wonderful. There was about 10 in the room all together with everyone shouting Ibolya on to push.


Ruby, just seconds old and just after the longest wait in the world, for her first cries. Even with forcep stripes across her face, blistered lip and a sore and swollen head, Ibolya and I cannot believe how beautiful this little girl is and how incredibly lucky we are.

1 comment:

read me... said...

Ibolya & Rob, she is just so beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. All our love from Tokyo! Karen & Pete xx