Sunday 3 August 2008

Weekend

Ibs and I met P&K for 'Late at Tate' on Friday evening. There was nothing particularly exciting on the bill but it was a perfectly lovely evening and really good to spend some time with our freinds.




On Saturday morning, I cooked a suitable breakfast for an expectant mother and unborn child; kippers, spinach and poached egg.



I continued to decorate Little One's room, whilst Ibs cleaned the house and Josie sun bathed on the bathroom floor.







After reading a review on Friday, I had a bad craving to watch Hitchcock's 'The Man Who Knew to Much' which we started watching at 3.00. It was fantastic to see it again. I'd forgotten how great Doris Day is in it and the magnificent climatic, final sequence in the Albert Hall, featuring (as himself) the god-like genius of Bernard Herrman.




On Sunday, I got another coat of gloss done before we saddled up and cycled to a car boot sale in Battersea. We got absolutely soaked but did come away with a set of dominoes, a George IV tea caddy and a rather nice Winterware tea and coffee pot.

After a hot bath I was still craving cinematic nourishment and an antidote to The Dark Night's nihilism so I turned to Satyajit Ray's 'Pather Panchali'. The 1st part of his Apu Trilogy and a deeply moving, humanist drama, that perfectly fuses Ray's vibrant images and Ravi Shankar's beautiful score. It was just what I needed and I hope Little One experinced some of it too.

No comments: