Saturday 9 August 2008

Goldborne Road

Today's newspaper, showing the contrast between the spectacular opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics and the horror of war in South Ossetia.



Ibs and I went to the dentist and afterwards had coffee at St Helen's cafe
and then had a quick pop down Goldborne Road, my favourite road, probably, in the world?
Some of the many reasons why I love this road so much are; Cockney's Pie and Mash Shop

Georges, a superb chippy

The Fat Badger, a pretty decent pub


Goldborne fisheriesand The Porto, a wonderful Portuguese cafe, where Ibs and met, clandestinely, when we first dated.

I was quite tempted to snap up this box of old toy cars.

Crowning Goldborne Road, and casting its shadow over the whole area is my second favourite building in London, Arno Goldfinger's sublime Trelik Tower.
We cycled back along the canal path and past this lovely little new building, that I've watched going up over the past few months
but until today, I hadn't noticed Elvis on the roof.

We had lunch at Gracelands for their incredible quiche.On a wet a miserable day, the flower bud in the pond finally decided to open.

No comments: