Friday 13 June 2008

Museum Taven

Thursday 12th June
I've been meeting my dearest, closest and oldest (they really are all old now) friends Stephen, Pete, Mark and Mike, at the Museum Tavern (opp British Museum) for going on 20 years now.
Last night, as always, was absolutely fantastic to see them. We reminisced far too long about Wimbledon, argued about Ken Livingston and caught up on our lives since last seeing each other, about 3 weeks ago. I told Mike and Mark the news of our little one, for the 1st time.

Unfortunately, I have no memory of the evening after Stephen suggested ordering a 2nd bottle of wine and I'm not quite sure how I got home?

My route to Bloomsbury took me past one of my most favourite buildings in London. These conjoined, modern, beauties are just off Kingsway. The square building is the HQ of the Civil Aviation Authority. I love the way they are paired together with a walk way, umbilical cord, between them and their opposing forms, beautifully proportioned square and circular, and clean elegant lines, are just wonderful.



I couldn't resist taking a picture of this lovely old Austin.















No comments: