Friday 13 June 2008

Hampton Court

Wednesday 11th June

Ibs' work colleague and exceptionally good friend, Sarah, had organised a Bob Books night out at Hampton Court to watch the Jools Holland Big Band.
We had a terrific bbq at Sarah's, before hand, and it was great to talk to Ibs lovely work friends.
I was amazed to find out that Ibs' boss, John, is probably only the 3rd person I have ever met to have not only heard but loves the Burt Bacharach, Elvis Costello album 'Painted from Memory'. It's one of my top 5 albums of all time, as it is John's too and I had to play it, in it's entirety, the next day.
I hadn't played it for about a year but still sounds amazing. It's lush orchestrations, unforgettable memories and heartbreaking 'torch song' lyrics, makes it one of my very favourite albums.

No comments: