Sunday 22 June 2008

Kitchen and Nursery

Saturday. I spent a couple of hours today on the blog and lost the whole lot with an accidental knock of the keyboard. So here's my second attempt.


Beatrice and Denis left at 7.30 of Saturday morning to head up to Yorkshire to see Thomas. After they went I started work decorating the kitchen. Ibs went out to the hairdresser for round two of her new cut and colour (I love her new cut and on top of her pregnant glow, she's looking looking fantastic). Adam, one of Paul's Polish workmen, came round and finished stripping the wallpaper in the old dialysis room, the new nursery.


This weekend has been a very rare one with nothing to take me away from the house, apart from a few round trips to Tesco. We caught up on 3 films we'd recorded that have been shown again on More4, part of their Peter Kosminsky season. They were; 'The Government Inspector', 'No Child of Mine' and 'Warriors'. I can't think of any finer examples of British produced TV drama in recent years and they are as remarkable, harrowing and moving as anything I've seen in any media for a very long time.


Decorating the kitchen enabled me to catch up on a very big backlog of music, that I've been trying to find the time to listen to for ages. It turned out to be a very rich seam and has revitalised my interest in new music and made me hungry to seek out more. Here's what I listened to, roughly in order of how good I think it is.

Roisin Murphy - Overpowered



Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue



Mint Royale - See you in the Morning



Vampire Weekend - Vampire WeekendLaura Maling - Alas, I Cannott SwimCansei der Ser Sexy - CSS


MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Spiritualized - A&E
Foals - Antidotes

No comments: