Sunday 17 January 2010

Ruby's New Shoes

We went to the doctor's on Saturday morning for Ruby to have her MMR jab which was a painful experince for a little girl. Afterwards we went on a mission to Westfield to buy Ruby's first shoes. She got measured up, she's a 3 G, had a bit of a cry and then had a walk around, trying her new shoes on. The shoes are brilliant, I love it that they are Clarks, the brand I wore throughout my childhood, and that children's feet are still measured the same way mine were. But I also had a big feeling, when I handed over my card to pay the £22 for her first shoes, how many times in the next 18 years will I do this and how much will I spend, from now on, on shoes for Ruby?
Kate and Maisie came round for a play in the afternoon and we read the brilliant 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' before bedtime.
Ruby chattered so much this weekend. We heard lots of 'ba'for bottle, 'ca' for cat, 'da-da's, 'ma-ma's some 'good-girl's and I swear I even head a couple of 'water's.

DSC_0321

DSC_0319

DSC_0261

DSC_0263

DSC_0269

DSC_0274

DSC_0281

DSC_0282

DSC_0306

No comments: