Wednesday 27 January 2010

The New Apple Product

I'm cock-a-hoop with excitement today about the immanent announcement at 18.00 of Apple's new device, probably the most anticipated and speculated product ever launched.
It's impossible that it will live up to everything everyone wants it to be but for me, I'll just be happy if it provides me with the missing link between my Mac Pro and my iPhone. If it's only a bigger, flash enabled, iPhone - I'll still really, really want one. I just hope it will be available in the UK from launch, there's some doubt it will be.
What I hope for most is that it will do for print what the iPod has done for music and that I'll be able to carry around with me not only my own personal book collection but give me access, wherever I am, whenever I want it, to the whole printed output of the entire world.
Whatever it's shortcomings (and the media will be full of those tomorrow) or technological innovations it will definitely be beautiful and the most desirable object you could possibly want.

No comments: