Friday 23 October 2009

October Gush

The view from my office window at 15.15 today.

As you know, I'm a huge fan of October and although we've still got a week or so left of it, today makes me realise just how much I'm particularly loving this October.
Today is such a good October day, not only is it Friday (with another great music doco on BBC4 tonight, out for dinner and the prospect of a fun packed weekend ahead with family and friends) but Ruby ate all her breakfast, it's the last day I'll cycle home in some light (before clocks go back on Sunday), the weather is glorious, the park is an embarrassment of oranges, golds and reds, there's a great article in today's Guardian about Orson Welles by my favourite film writer David Thomson, and my ipod spun some phenomenal, randomly shuffled tracks, on my cycle in, including: Supertramp's 'Logical Song', Beck's 'Go It Alone', Lemon Jelly 'Closer', PM Dawn 'Sonchynne', Astrud Gilberto 'It Might As Well be Spring', Bob Dylan 'Obliviously 5 Believers', Prince 'Little Red Corvette', Philip Glass 'The Vow' and Santana 'Jongo'.
And that's only how good today has been so far, let alone how good the rest of this week has been. Business is good, work's enjoyable, we finished watching 4 brilliant new (and top of form) episodes of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm', loved the climax of 'Master Chef' listened to some excellent new albums, thanks to Rupert; Leisure Society 'The Sleeper', Mike Snow 'Mike Snow' and A Camp 'Colonia', enjoyed the big Hockney tree paintings at Tate Britain and had a couple of good runs too.
I wish a very happy weekend to whoever is reading this and hope you enjoy the rest of this happy month, as I will.

Incidentally, I broke the HTML coding on the Frieze post which is disrupting the layout of the blog, hoping to repair when I get a minute.

No comments: