Thursday 1 October 2009

Hello October

I always love October, the transformation of Summer into Autumn and the spectacular multiplicity of colour on our trees, they never look any better than they will this month.
It's also a great month for other things too, I'll be able to start wearing v-necks and cardigans again soon, the Hampton Scouts Jumble Sale is mid-month, the Lexi is showing 'Don't Look Now' and 'The Masque of the Red Death' and Stephen, Mark, Mike and I will start watching 'Mad Men'.
It's also by far the best month of the year for art. There's Anish Kapoor at the RA, Ed Ruscha at the Hayward, Gustav Metzger at Serpentine, Turner at Tate Britain and Pop Life at Tate Modern and, to top it all, there's the Freize Art Fair at Regent's Park.
A wonderful month ahead.
Here's some pictures, I took on the way into work this morning.











1 comment:

Brit said...

Feels like fall! :) I love the changes of the seasons as well, especially now! You can feel a cool breeze and indeed the colors are amazing... Love it!
How to make your pictures bigger... Well first of all you have to upload your pictures on picasaweb, http://picasaweb.google.be/! After uploaded... Click on individual picture, right side you'll see 'link to this photo', you need the embed image, but before you copy the link you have to adjust the size (mine are 800px, I also hide album link). Then in your main blogger upload window you need to switch from 'compose' to 'edit Html'. There you paste each embed image link!
I hope I explained it clear enough! Good luck!