Thursday 31 December 2009

Expecting again....


When I first started Rob Blog in March 2008, in the manic excitement of discovering Ibolya was pregnant with our first child, I never imagined I'd be able to keep the blog up (that after the initial novelty, it would quickly ware off) let alone that 21 months later I'd still be posting: recording all the things that makes us happy and that I want to remember has become an essential and integral part of my life. But more than anything, I could never have dreamt that 21 months later I'd be telling my Mum and Dad on Christmas Eve; and now the rest of the world, on the last day of the year and decade, that we're expecting our second child.

So here, at 12 weeks old, is the Rob Blog debut of Little Bubba, our second child, Ruby's brother or sister and my parents 8th grandchild.


We did the pregnancy test on Sunday morning (Ruby was on a Sunday morning too) October 25th and had the first scan on Monday, December 14th. The due date is June 27th 2010.

Here's Ibolya and I, just outside St Mary's prenatal clinic and Ibolya in the scanning room.

I wish all expectant Mothers and Fathers all the luck and good fortune in the world and anyone else who might read this, a very, very happy New Year.

1 comment:

visit sounds around said...

what a nice way to round out the decade, congratulations rob. happy new year!