Monday 31 August 2009

Inglorious Basterds

Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglorious Basterds' is a deeply perplexing and paradoxical movie. I saw it at least 2 weeks ago now and I can't stop thinking about it. It's the strangest film he's made so far and I'm really not sure if it's a work of sheer genius or incompetent folly. May be I need to see it a few times before I know if it's really any good or not. Beyond question though are:

  • Christophe Waltz' amazing performance as Sander, the film ignites whenever he reappears
  • How truly great the 'Cat People' sequence is
  • Michael Fassbender is fast becoming one of this country's best and most versatile actors
  • Brad Pitt has to be the most annoying actor of his generation, spoils every film he's in
  • Always nice to see Julie Dreyfus, who's very beautiful

No comments: