Monday 17 August 2009

Birthday Family Weekend

It was an absolutely glorious, unforgettable, weekend for my sister and I, as we celebrated our birthday with a great big family get together, at her home, in Sharnbrook. There was a convergence of Nottingham, Wirral and Harlesden Reads, Bennetts, Hargreaves and even a smattering of rarely spottered Chettles.
There were so many wonderful things about the weekend but just a few things that stand out for me were; the unbelievabley kind weather (which meant we could eat, drink and make merry outside, all weekend), the birthday Bob Books Ibolya produced for Sara and I, Uncle Jim enchanting the children with Mill House stories, launching the Wish Lantern Sarah had given us, our enormous, al-fresco, pork based meals and the spontaneous, inter-generational, game of family rounders on Sunday morning. It was all so good and such great company, I really hope we can do it all again soon.
Ibolya would like me to point out that she took the best photo of the weekend, of George finishing a glass of water.















No comments: