Friday 14 August 2009

Birthday Day Out

Just when I'd thought the birthday celebrations couldn't get any better and that I'd been as spoilt and indulged as possible, we were all off on Thursday for Ibolya to take us out on a surprise, mystery, day out.
The first surprise was that we all got a magnificent, deep, 2.5 hour sleep in the morning before she took us to see Walking In My Mind at the Hayward Gallery, a wonderful exhibition of installations and environments (shoddy pics from my iPhone)
After that, we strolled over Hungerford bridge, into Maiden Lane, for lunch at one of the great restaurants of the world, Rules.
It was just the biggest treat and pleasure, beyond anything, to spend time with my wife and daughter in this sumptuous restaurant and served succulent, young, Pennine, grouse.







No comments: