Sunday 28 September 2008

31 Weeks!

Little One will have been in Ibolya's tummy for 31 weeks on Tuesday, leaving only 9 weeks left before he or she enters the world, on or around the 3rd of December.

We're feeling ever closer to Little One as he makes his presence known ever more loudly and frequently with movements and kicks which are now visible just by watching Ibolya's tummy.

It was an extraordinary feeling the other day, when, cuddling Little One and Ibolya in bed, I could feel a pounding heartbeat through Ibolya's tummy. It made me feel incredibly close, physically and emotionally, to the tiny Human Being, in between us, wriggling to find a comfy position.
Little One will have to make the most of the tummy gymnastics, as space is fast running short as he grows rapidly and in a couple of weeks he'll be a tightly curled bundle of about 32cm.

We have a GP visit this Thursday and the nursery will be feeling more complete when the family crib, very significantly, is passed from Sara to me this week.
This has been used to cradle all my nieces and nephews (and I think by my elder sister Jane?), most recently by Florence, so finally being custodian of this heirloom will make me feel very happy.

No comments: