Sunday 29 August 2010

Westway

DSC_0015_edited-1

DSC_0016_edited-1

DSC_0026_edited-1

DSC_0042_edited-1

Westway

Westway

I love the elevated section of the A40, my favourite stretch of road in the world.
I love it for many reasons but mainly because it spans my favourite part of London (cutting a swathe through Paddington, Westbourne Grove, Portobello Road and Ladbroke Grove) and for many years it was my express connection between home, work, Ibolya's flat (when we were courting) and the Acton Balti House.
I love it too that it was the inspiration for J G Ballard and the Clash, who lived and recorded underneath it.
It also has magnificent views of two of my top five buildings in London: The Trelik Tower and 179 Harrow Road, the former British Rail maintenance depot and until recently, Monsoon's head office.
Driving over it again, for the first time in a few years, was fantastic and extra special with Ruby and Lucas in the back. Ibolya was very good to me too and took some nice shots whilst leaning out of the passenger window.

No comments: