Monday 16 August 2010

Summer Holidays

We've just got back from our very first holiday as a family of 4, staying at our friend Andy's in the wonderful South Glamorganshire village of Llantwit Major.
We've been visiting Andy here for years but I've never enjoyed or appreciated it quite as much as this visit. It just felt extra-specially good for Ibolya and I to be there with Ruby and Lucas, in familiar and easy surroundings, spending time doing holiday type things togther. And because we spent longer here than usual, we got to see so much more of the local area and incredible coastline.
What also added to the extra-specialness (not sure how else to describe it) of the holiday was that we not only got to spend some time with our dear friend Andy, who was recovering from surgery to reattach a retina, his dog Georgi, but we also got to see my sister and her family, who stayed a couple of nights. And Jerry too, who swung by for a couple of hours on his way to Tenby. I also celebrated by 41st birthday on Thursday with my little family, in a lovely place and couldn't have been happier.
I've got millions of photos to wade through, select and edit which will take me ages, so in the meantime, here are a few of the little pieces of video I took on my camera.



This is the splendid coastline nearest Andy's place



Just along the coastline is Southerndown beach, we were here on my birthday, with Ruby throwing a massive tantrum. Not sure what it says about us as parents; filming her and finding her performance incredibly funny.



After a while, Ruby recovered her composure enough to enjoy Southerndown a little more, with her inseparable pushchair.



This was on Friday 13th, at Newton Beach - a good doggie beach for Georgi.

1 comment:

Andy said...

GEORGI no EEEE