Monday 22 March 2010

Nottingham Forest

On Saturday afternoon I went with, my brother-in-law, Matthew and my nephews Oliver and George to my their first ever game of league football and my first since I was about 12. The match was Nottingham Forest versus Peterborough, at home, at the City Ground. Being back at the City Ground felt very nostalgic and strangley like nothing had changed in all those intervening years, except I didn't know any of the players.
It wasn't the most exciting game ever, Forest comfortably won 1 nil and in keeping with an authentic British Football experience, it was wet and cold. But it was great to be with the boys and and I also got to see my twin sis, my youngest niece Florence, Mum and Dad, cousin David and Arthur and Rosemary Bennett. So a very enjoyable and productive family day.

DSC_0002

DSC_0004

DSC_0010

DSC_0018

DSC_0019

DSC_0027

DSC_0031

DSC_0032

No comments: