Thursday 17 September 2009

No More Wire

After something like 9 months, The Wire ended last night for Stephen, Mark, Mike and I.
It's been a truly awesome series; perhaps not quite the greatest TV show of all time, as many people have said it is (I think Sopranos has the edge) but definitely the best cop show of all time.
It feels sad to leave the company of McNulty, Freamon, Bubs, Marlo, Omar and Carcetti, I'm going to miss them very much. Here's a really good piece from the New York Times, which describes how good the final episode was.
Out next show, we think, will be Mad Men.

2 comments:

Senor-232 said...

Please help me Rob, - When I left the UK on Sept 1 I was well into Season 5, every night on BBC2 after Newsnight! It hasn't aired here in the USA for a year or more because it's basically WAY too crafted for the US networks. Any hope 'someone' would lend me Season 5 on DVD?

Robert said...

Hey Andy! I can lend you season 5, no problem - should I post to Llandit for you?

R