Saturday 21 March 2009

Family

Mark and Karen gave us this book as a gift and we absolutely LOVE it.
It's a book of photographs, taken by photographers of their families. It's such a touching gift, from Mark's family to my small and very new family. And even more poignant to receive it on the same weekend that Ibolya's Mum is staying with us and that all my family are with us for Mother's Day.
We'll always treasure it. It's even got one of my very favourite photographs in it, by 10 year old Jacques Henri Lartigue, called 'In my bedroom, my collection of racing cars; 40 rue Cortambert, Paris 1905'

1 comment:

visit sounds around said...

what a great photo, i had forgot all about that one.
I'm a huge fan of his, and he said one of my most favourite quotes, i still get goose bumps every time i read it...
"It's marvellous, marvellous! Nothing will ever be as much fun. I'm going to photograph everything, everything! "