Monday 30 March 2009

1st Day of Summer

and the 1st Year Anniversary of our 1st Momentous Day.

It's one year ago today that Ibolya and I sat in our bathroom, at 10.00, on Sunday 30th March 2008, on the first day of Summer, with the sound of church bells, we found out we were expecting a baby.

It was heart stoppingly momentous news and one if the happiest experiences of my life.
I couldn't dare imagine, at that time, that the pregnancy would last, or even conceive that we would be blessed such an astonishing and wondrous little person as Ruby. Nor could have dreamt that 12 months later, each morning, I would have the profound experience of starring into my beautiful daughter's eyes, with mutual wonder and awe, making us both smile and giggle, uncontrollably, at each other.
I felt strongly that I needed to capture these momentous events and record some of the important things that would happen, in the most amazing year of our lives. So this blog is also a year old today. I never thought I'd keep it up and I'm very surprised and very glad I have.
During the last 12 months, Ruby's life has gone from 2 lines on a pregnancy test

to a scan of her as a 12 week old foetus
to tapping her forhead, with her fingers, at 21 weeksto emerging into the world, battered and bruised, after a long struggle to be bornand becoming this adorable little poppett, sucking her thumb for the first time, last weekend.

No comments: