Sunday 25 January 2009

Books

I love Books and was very excited to go to the Taschen book shop sale on Friday morning and pick up these little bargains

A book about Japanese tin robots
A slim volume about the brilliant painter, Martin Kippenberger
But this was something I've wanted to buy for a long time, and at 50% off, I couldn't resist it. An enormous tome devoted to Stanley Kubrick. A landmark book which analyses all his films in minute detail, it's now definitely the favourite film book I own.



I have 2 New Year resolutions, read more books and eat more fruit. This is the book I'm reading at the moment. Haruki Murakami's book about running. I've liked his books before and as I'm a keen runner, thought this would be up my street.

Now this is an awesome book, which I really can't put down at the moment, from my favourite film writer, David Thomson.
After the Murakami, I can't wait to start this book (arrived today and is a Secret Santa Christmas gift), Alex Ross's 'The Rest is Noise', which is a survey of 20th Century music.

1 comment:

visit sounds around said...

i love that kubrick book - ive been reading it slowly every time i pop in to the taschen store here in NY - its not ffar from my house. we'll be in london soon - march 5th so maybe i can continue reading yours ;O)