Wednesday 5 May 2010

Voting

DSC_0004

Ibolya, Ruby and I have just been down the road to fulfil our democratic duty and place our votes. I love voting; still makes me feel very grown up and I find it incredibly exciting to take part in an event in which tens of millions of people come together to decide who should run our country.
Ibolya always gets a bit emotional after she's cast her vote, bless her. I think it's a combination of genuinely feeling the weight of contributing to decide the fate of the country and people's lives but also that the freedom to vote was denied her countrymen for so many generations. It always makes her cross that so many people have the freedom to vote but choose not to.
I'm just bracing myself for the long period of mourning-like blues, I'll feel when I hear the inevitable result tomorrow morning. It was very bad when Boris beat Ken, this is going to be a whole lot worse.

DSC_0001

No comments: