Monday 31 May 2010

Sunday at Stephen's

DSC_0118_edited-1

DSC_0121_edited-1

DSC_0126_edited-1

DSC_0123_edited-1

DSC_0132_edited-1

DSC_0134_edited-1

DSC_0140_edited-1

DSC_0147_edited-1

DSC_0151_edited-1

DSC_0155_edited-1

DSC_0164_edited-1

DSC_0173_edited-1

It was a really bad start to the day. I woke up still thinking about a major disappointment at work and a hefty unexpected bill that arrived last week. I checked the news on my iphone and wished I hadn't. The latest effort to contain the oil spill in the gulf had failed. Prostate cancer had felled the Godlike genius of Dennis Hopper. That despicable rag, the Telegraph, had taken it upon itself, in the country's greatest hour of need, to remove one it's most able, elected, politicians, in the most sleazy and wretched way. And to top it all - Guillaume Del Torro had pulled out of filming the Hobbit. Not a good to start Sunday.
So lunch at Stephen and Christophe's was really welcome. Their generous hospitality, freindship and great humour was the best possible antidote for my melancholy. It was also wonderful to see my old friend Kay, looking absolutley amazing, and sharing with us some really happy news.

No comments: