Tuesday 9 February 2010

Ibolya's School Pictures

Ibolya dug out her old school pictures the other day and we had so much fun looking at them that I had to get her to scan them so I could stick them on here. I didn't just enjoy playing 'where's wally' and trying to find my beautiful wife amongst the little Hungarian school children (and finding the odd looking, bespectacled, little urchin, that I'm now married to) but loved all the details in and around the pictures. The fearsome looking school mistress with the proto-Winehouse beehive, the teacher in the middle of the class in picture 4 and 5 that's the spitting image of Joan, Stephen and mine's ex-landlady, the absence of any Roma children in the final picture. But also the great pictures on the wall and the, very soviet, toy tractors in the first photo.


1978

1979

1980

1981

1982

1985

No comments: