Tuesday 7 July 2009

Wedding Anniversary

It's my darling wife's and my second Wedding Anniversary today, our first with Ruby with us.
Becky's Rubysitting tonight while we go out, on only our second night out together this year, to the opening night of Pete's exhibition.
We're intending to do some more celebrating, just the three of us, on Saturday, and have a special lunch somewhere.
Here's a card we received from my Mum and Dad today, a reproduction of Gioacchino Pagliej's The Naiads, from the collection at Nottingham Castle. My Granny had a print of it at her house and it's an image that beguiled and fascinated me throughout my childhood.
If I remember rightly, my Granny would tell my Mum that the ladies in the picture were her and Auntie Edith, correct me if I'm wrong Mum. Though I'm not sure how Granny explained what they were up to?

No comments: