Sunday 30 November 2008

39 Weeks and 3 days. 4 days to due date

This is it! We're now 2 days past the 38 weeks from conception date and 4 away from the official due date of December 4th. We both feel it's 'any minute now' time and I'm feeling like I just can't wait for it all to happen. We're ready, preapared and I'm more excited than any birthday or Christmas I've ever looked forward to but, more than a little bit nervous too.

Ibolya finally stopped work on Friday, to my huge relief (now everyone can stop looking horrifed at me when they ask how she's enjoying her time off), as my sister said; Ibolya can be a housewife for a few days or so before she becomes a mother.
As you can see, Ibolya is looking more beautiful than ever. She just epitomises all those cliches about glowing and being radiant. She's all that but also just incredibly strong, unnereved and undaunted. I couldn't be more proud, or admire her more.

It's wonderful too that all our freinds and family are sharing our excitement and anticipation with us. I'm really quite liking the attention but it's also very touching that everyone is thinking about us and waiting for news. Stephen is even keeping Christophe's phone with him at work, which is so lovely.
We made a film today of the two of us, on the sofa, with the cats, talking to Little One inside Ibolya's tummy. I'm putting it on YouTube for posterity and so that Little One can watch it at some point in the future.

No comments: