Monday 2 May 2011

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

Good Friday

I can't tell you just how good the past 10 days have been. Probably the best 10 days I've had since my paternity leave last year, which was one of my all time best weeks ever. It's been like Christmas in Summer, it's been so good. The combination of being mostly at home in London, with my wife and children, with glorious hot and sunny weather, with just about the right amount of things planned to do, catching up on domestic chores (like weeding, hedge cutting and lawn mowing) but also getting in some good trips and seeing some our dearest friends, has just been indescribably happy and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather have done. Blimey, my wife and I even got to have the first meal out together, just the two of us, in living memory and I also got to have a few quality afternoon naps too.
What's more; we also had all the excitement of the build up to the Royal Wedding, the prospect of a new Beastie Boys album (out yesterday) and the big news that the world's most wanted man was found!
Of course, I took far too many pictures so will be quite a while catching up.

Good Friday couldn't have got the holiday off to a better start with a trip with Maisie and her family to see the flags in Regent Street and then, by boat, to see one of last days of Ai WeiWei's Sunflower Seeds at Tate Modern. At home, we started on our Easter eggs, had a bit of relaxing time in the garden and had a great meal at the The Island. The little green elephant, is a good luck symbol, bought for Lucas, from Thailand by his Godmother, Lorena, and Godfather, Vittoriano.

No comments: