Friday 9 July 2010

Samuel Hits the Golborne Road

DSC_0009_edited-1

DSC_0014_edited-1

DSC_0017_edited-1

DSC_0025_edited-1

DSC_0047

DSC_0051_edited-1

DSC_0053_edited-1

DSC_0057

DSC_0063_edited-1

DSC_0069

DSC_0080_edited-1

I'd been looking forward to this morning for a long time; when I take my boy (who if I've not mentioned it before is currently known as Samuel) and the rest of the family, for his first, inaugural, early morning, trip to the mighty Golborne Road, my official favourite road.
Ibolya and I took a pushchair and a child each and had a terrific walk from the top of Ladbroke Grove, down to Golborne, past the curb side bric-a-brac, through to Portobello. We met up with Sarah at the 'stall of their lady'- their favourite market stall and then we had coffee at the best coffee place in West London - Coffee Plant. On the way back I found and bought an original moon landing commemorative mug - which I think is a fantastic memento of this significant and very happy morning.

No comments: